|CURRENT JOB OPPORTUNITIES AT VOGT AUCTION GALLERIES:|
Marketing Manager / Graphics Designer
$42-50,000/yr, based on experience & what value you can offer on day 1
Responsible for overseeing brand and promotion as well as graphics production for a medium-sized antiques & art auction house.
Attention kick-butt marketers: We’ve got a fun & exciting 43-year old company with a fantastic story to tell – are YOU the right person to tell it?? We’re looking for someone with a unique combination of business, tech, and artistic skills to shape our narrative as THE place to go for beautiful, authentic, and surprisingly inexpensive décor pieces for homes & offices. We sell art, furniture, lighting, coins & jewelry, vintage & retro décor, reclaimed architectural pieces, rugs, and lots more. Think Sotheby’s, but with a down-home friendly Texas feel. We’re a family company with lots of folks that have been with us for more than 20 years. But we’re keeping up with the fast changes in the retail space, using new tools to sell old things, including online video streaming and bidding, development of a mobile app, and text message notifications. But we’ve got so much more to do, and YOU can work with our fabulous team to take us to the next level: from an auction house leader in Texas, to a leader at the national level. We’ve got the platform, reputation, and great folks to do it – are you ready to take on the challenge?
Main job tasks and responsibilities
Marketing & Promotion
- Work with the Director to determine our brand and measurable marketing goals
- Work with the Specialists and Media Manager to define and execute per-event and rolling marketing campaigns
- Track and expand the online presence of the auction house and the items we sell through:
- design & evolution of vogtauction.com
- implementation of our new streaming and mobile digital initiatives
- design and evolution ofour per-event email blasts
- SEO strategies
- Campaign management across Google AdWords, Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest
- placement in online event calendars
- optimized placement in online listing services incl. EstateSales.net, Craigslist, AuctionZip, LiveAuctioneers, Invaluable, AskArt
- identification and placement in new and developing germane online platforms & forums
- Conceptualize & design per-event and general graphics for use with web, print (flyers/mailers, catalogs, general forms), in-house TV projections, physical signage
- Develop general style & branding guide
- Evolve and harmonize our paper & digital communication systems
What a strong candidate has
- Excellent written & communication skills
- Original graphics design skills incl. experience with relevant online & software applications
- A natural enthusiasm for the adoption of new and evolving marketing tools & platforms
- A great attitude & sense of humor - we're a family!
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent professional qualification
- A background & interest in antiques & art a plus, but not necessary
- $42-50,000 annual salary, based on experience & what value you can offer on day 1
- Performance-based bonuses
- Employee discount
- On-site fitness facility
About Vogt Auction Galleries
- The leading art & antiques auction house in the region since 1975
- One of the fastest growing small businesses in San Antonio
- A team of friendly people dedicated to making the sale & purchase of antiques & art fun!
- A culture of innovation combined with personal, relationship-based client service
If you’d like to be considered for this position, please email your resume and 2 examples of your original graphics design work to Rob Vogt at email@example.com. No phone calls please.
|Find out more about Vogt Auction Galleries|
Return to the homepage